Thank you for your interest in Bishop Diego High School! If you have questions about our amazing school or the admissions process, please let us know. We are here to assist you in any way that we can!
Dr. Cristy McNay
Director of Admission
Ms. Erika Van Wingerden
- Would you like to learn more about all that Bishop Diego has to offer?
- Do you want to RSVP for some of our events?
- Is your student still a few years away from applying for admission to high school?
If you are not ready to submit an online application, but you do want to be in the information loop, please submit an Online Inquiry by clicking the link below. We cannot wait to share Bishop Diego High School with you!
We will begin accepting online applications for the 2019/20 school year on October 1, 2018. Until then, please submit the Online Inquiry above so you can stay up-to-date on all things Bishop! We are so excited to begin this journey with you!
Bishop Garcia Diego High School Admission Criteria:
Students are admitted to Bishop Diego High School on the basis of their academic record, performance on the Entrance Placement Test (for 9th grade applicants only), recommendations, and the student's willingness to abide by the school’s philosophy, rules, regulations, and standards. Students entering 9th grade must have graduated from 8th grade. Ideally, students are admitted at the beginning of a semester, but may be admitted as late as a quarter marking period. All admission inquiries are facilitated by the Director of Admissions.
- Entrance Placement Test (prospective freshmen only)
- Essay (written during Placement Exam for freshmen),
- Review of report cards from two previous years of school and current grades
- 2.5 GPA with no "D" or “F” semester grade marks (on a 2.0 = C scale),
- Satisfactory Citizenship and Work Habits marks (marks of “U” or "N" may preclude an applicant from admission),
- Satisfactory school attendance,
- Interview with partner school personnel at the discretion of BDHS.
*8th grade students who do not achieve grade level (8.0) standards may be required to take Bishop Diego’s Summer Bridge English class as a condition of enrollment.
Junior/Senior transfer students:
In addition to the requirements above, Junior transfer students will be evaluated on their ability to meet BDHS graduation requirements over four semesters. Senior students are admitted on a case by case basis.